Our research work is guided by a Research Advisory Group. The objective of this group is to provide us with expertise and guidance to support our work in achieving the research deliverables set out in our Funding Agreement with the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.
Our Research Advisory Group comprises:
- Prof Conor O’Mahony, Deputy Dean of the School of Law and Director of the Child Law Clinic at University College Cork (Chair)
- Dr Kenneth Burns, Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director of the Master of Social Work course and Director of Practice (Social Work) at University College Cork
- Dr Carol Coulter, Executive Director and founder of Child Law Project
- Anastasis Crickley, former Head of Department of Applied Social Studies, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, former chair of the UN Committee for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination and Chair of Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre
- Terry Dignan, Director of Services Don Bosco Care and former Chief Executive Officer of EPIC (Empowering Young People in Care) and former Director of Services with Enable Ireland
- Dr Connie Healy, Lecturer above the Bar, School of Law, National University of Ireland Galway
- Marie Kennedy, Alternative Care Unit, Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
- Dr Stella Owens, Chief Social Workers’ Office, Tusla – the Child and Family Agency.
Dr Maria Corbett, Chief Executive, Child Law Project also attends these meetings.